gorillamel's 2008 Rubi

mardi 27 mai 2014

I decided to start this thread as a place for me to keep track of my progress on my Jeep build. I really do not anticipate too many comments (it's a fairly boring build). Constructive comments/suggestions are welcome.



Username: gorillamel

Year: 2008

Make: Jeep

Model: Wrangler

Trim: Rubicon (2-door)

Color: Forest Green

Mileage: 77,147 (when purchased Mar 2014)

Pinterest ideas page: http://ift.tt/1nyuyoF



Sold the Xterra to pay off car loan for a car I bought for my parents.





Then realized the 2013 Fiat 500 S did not properly suit my lifestyle. Therefore, I traded it in for this:





This was the first manual transmission I have ever owned, which means driving it can certainly be full of laughs and grinding gears.





I made it into my work parking garage all on my own!



I do not plan to do any heavy wheeling with this rig until I learn to comfortably drive it, hahaha. -->Note: since I took it to Moab May 2014, I think I can now say that I have learned to drive it, hahaha!



MODS



Suspension:

-2" spacers all around

-JKU springs all around

-Some unknown brand of shocks

-Polyperformance front & rear track bar bracket

-Terraflex track bar

-(to be installed) Polyperformance high steer kit with tie rod end adapter

-Rubicon Express rear brake line bracket



Tires/Wheels & Armor:

-stock wheels

-285/70/17 Maxxis Bighorn MT-762

-Spare (mounted on rear) 255/75/17 BF Goodrich

-Stock skids

-Stock sliders/rails

-AEV front bumper w/ winch plate, stock fogs



Electrical, Powertrain & Driveline:

-8000lb WARN winch

-(2) IPF Driving lights (mounted on front bumper)

-Front and rear Dana 44 axles

-Front and rear tru-lok e-lockers

-Electronic sway bar disconnect

-4.1 gear ratio (crawl ratio in 4lo is 73.3:1)



Interior:

-Flip switch mounted on dash for driving lights

-Midland WX1001(?) CB (mounted next to stick shift on passenger side)

-fire extinguisher

-rubber floor mats

-rear seats removed



Exterior:

-Firestik CB antennae mounted on tire carrier

-misc stickers (for added hp :-P)



Suspension components (that I got for free)





Polyperformance Front Track bar bracket (BEEFY!)





Rubicon Express Rear Brake line bracket





Front bumper/winch (w/some Moab mud)





Installing front springs/shocks:





Rear cargo area with goodies from Brown Santa!:





Other Accoutrements:

-Shovel w/ bedlined handle

-Hi-Lift and tire adapter

-SOGfari Survival set (machete, knife, hatchet, shovel/pick)

-Yellow galoshes

-various other survival necessities

-cheapo air compressor

-survival gear in Plano sportsman trunk

-Mossan nagant WWII rifle w/ ammo

-Roller derby gear



Future Mods:

-black steel D wheels with +4 backspacing

-Tire Carrier w/ Gas can mounts (OR-Fab)

-Extend rock rails to sliders

-Roof Rack (prefer Gobi, but too expensive. Probably Kurgo)

-kayak roof bars

-Bestop soft top

-Bluesea fuse distributor

-More lights

-replace missing Rubicon stickers??

-AEV geometry correction brackets



Testing out the winch while getting stuck in snow in the mtns





Other uses for a 2-door Jeep:





0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor