Complete loss of electrical power...Pleaaaase heeelp!!

mercredi 28 mai 2014

I have a 1990 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0 with a manual transmission.



Up until a week ago it ran perfectly....didn't miss a beat!

I use it maybe twice a week strictly for the bush and it was fine after its last trip out to the bush then about a week ago I decided to go out for a short trek on my local trails and it won't start.



From the day I bought it a few months ago I have needed to hold the key in the start position for 3-4 seconds before the engine would fire up but it would always start.

But now nothing at all....no dash lights or signs of any kind of life.

I replaced the battery and still nothing.

I also tried switching the headlights on as they usually work with the key out of the ignition and they didn't work either.

I checked the battery connections and they are good.



I then read a couple of forum posts that suggested the ignition switch may be the culprit so thanks to a helpful post on here and a trusty Haynes manual I located the switch.

When I removed the plugs I noticed that the one of the holes on the blue plug was black.



What I know about wiring and ignitions can be written on the back of a business card with double spacing so I have a few questions.



I am doing the work myself and will persevere with it until I find the problem I just need some guidance as I want to know how to do the job properly in case it happens again.



Has anybody had this happen to them?

would a faulty ignition switch cause this problem?

Should I replace the blue ignition switch plug or clean it?

Any other ideas as to what the problem could be?



I would really appreciate any help at all! I'll be gutted if I have to leave the Jeep sitting all summer :(




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor