AX15 Rattle

mercredi 21 mai 2014

I was driving down the highway tonight and all of the sudden I hit a bump and then heard a constant rattle coming from my transmission. It was similar to the noise here http://ift.tt/1jFhEVR



There was a small leak and so I am inclined to believe what some of the articles I have read are telling me. Other ax15 rattles have been caused by lack of fluid possibly caused by a poor seal. The rattling is persistent through all speeds and even when idling. The leak was located towards the rear of the transmission it looked like. After the rattling started I drove it under 45mph for about 3 miles until I got off the highway and was fortunately able to park at an Aamco right off the street.



The tranny is a new rebuild I bought a year ago from smart parts auto and the warranty unfortunately let out last month.



What are some possible causes for the rattle?



And should I pay to have aamco look at it? I don't want to do it myself because I ended messing up the original when I took it apart and had to get the current tranny that I'm having problems with now.



Much thanks!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor