Jeep Tie Rod/Knuckle/Brakes Issues?

lundi 26 mai 2014

Okay boys and girls, something is messed up.



I was out for a ride (pavement) on Saturday and near the end of my trek I was pulling out of a stop light and getting to 55MPH. Around 45MPH I felt like my engine was too rich or it wouldn't go into over drive. It was a hotter day and I pulled over, and everything seemed fine so back onto the highway I went, got up to 55MPH and the steering suddenly pulled to the right (passenger's side), strange but maybe a just of wind. Then I got some wobble and I knew something was up. I went about 5 more miles to get it to a place I could take a closer look.



Anyway, I open the hood, everything is where it should be. But then I notice light white smoke coming from the front passengers side wheel! I got under the Jeep and I notice that the boot on the tie rod end is blown apart and now melting onto the rim. Ugh!



Could the grease have splattered into the bearings and brake assembly causing enough friction to not accelerate properly? My other thought is that the brake lines collapsed causing the calipers to lock up frying my (newish) brake pads and rotors (upgraded late 2012), which in turn melted the boot causing it to leak. It's been sitting for 2 days now, and the brake fluid is within normal levels. Also the drivers side tie rod end is starting to leak too.



More pictures: http://ift.tt/1jRVLkP



Oil or grease splattered all on the passenger side:













Driver side:







Jeep Wrangler LJ

No Lift, Currie Antirock is the only upgrade in that area of the Jeep.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor