I need help with my sputtering YJ

samedi 24 mai 2014

I Need Help.



My Jeep has been having a problem on and off for the last year and a half and every mechanic I take it to says they won't try, or can't fix it. Christmas day, 2012 I drove it to the gas station. On the way there it sputtered like it was out of gas. I filled it up, it sputtered once, then It was fine.



Shortly after It would do it again. When you press the gas it would not accelerate, and it would sputter acting as if it was out of gas, or something of that nature. so I changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, and sea-foamed it.



It ran fine for about a week or two. Then it happened again. So I took it to the mechanic. He diagnosed the spark plugs, changed it, and called it a day.



Again, ran fine for about a month, and then did it again. So I took it to an old-time mechanic my friend knew. he said it was the fuel pump. so I changed the fuel pump.



This time it ran fine for about two months. I took it off-road once in that time, and then I went to a friend's house. about two hours later I left, and it did it once again. Just sputtering, and no power or acceleration.



Since then I changed the O2 sensor, and another one, I forget which one so I will look it up and add it in the comments. both made it run fine, so I drove it to college (180 Miles) and had no problem there.



Once at college I had the problem again. I took it to a mechanic there and he said it was the Catalytic Converter. So I cut it off, and it ran fine all the way back home.



The day after I got home it did it again. So I checked the distributor cap, and rotor. both were very rusty so I replaced both, and sanded the rust off of the spindle the rotor rotates on.



Ran fine that night and the next day. then it started doing it again.



I am just not sure what to do anymore.



Jeep is a 94' YJ with a 92' driveline. Had the Jeep for about 3-4 years, and this problem Occurred after I put several thousand miles on it.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor