Budget DeBuild

jeudi 22 mai 2014

Basically I went from a mild 3" lifted 2000 TJ with 33's



I liked it, but the frame was starting to go.. blah blah



So I picked up a 2006 Rubicon

low miles

RoughCountry 6" Long Arm kit

315/75/16's

Fab four Bumpers front and rear.



PO was a meathead so i ended up replacing all ujoints/ball joints and all that fun stuff.



I've since swapped the ****ty RC shocks for Bilstein 5100's and added a winch.



Now I've been driving it like this for a little over a year and now it's time for tires.



I want to go back down to a 285/75/16.



I have long arms but no need for 6" of lift. I'd like to lower it to around 2-3" of lift, just enough to clear the 285/75/16's and sit nice. Eventually doing a mml/belly up to regain my clearance.



Now this jeep is and will continue to be my DD, rarely wheeled (when I have the time) maybe a couple weekends every 2-3 months and nothing serious either, just mild trails.



I'm looking for the best bang for my buck.. I want to spend as little money as possible and still maintain a good/comfortable ride.. well as good as a jeep will get anyway.



I'm not mechanically inclined but from what I've read I'll need:



-coils or combination of coils/ body lift(need for the belly up anyway)

- cut or get new sway bar discos

-factory pitman arm

- Shocks are 6" bilstein 5100's (fr pt# 24-185943) (r pt# 33-185934) , so probably new shocks.

- adjust bumpstops



Am i missing something?





So my plan is:



2-2.5" coils, 1-1.25" BL, 1"MML



Shocks



I just paid near $500 for my bilsteins and hate to get rid of them. I hear JK shocks can be fitted to a TJ with a little work ( bar pin eliminators) and can be had for very cheap... a little bit of work is worth paying 3x the price for more bilsteins and they should provide a good ride.



Coils



I've heard the same for JK coils, add heat to the upper bumpstop cups in the rear and it nets you 2-3" lift in the rear?



Not sure about the front, pretty sure they'll go right in? but not much lift? I'd rather not use spacers. Unless the were from a JKU and stiffer?



Like i said I'm not too sure.



If not, what are some good, cheap coils? A happy medium?



Tires



I've been quoted a good deal on 285/75/16 Hercules Trail Digger M/Ts, opinions on this tire?





Sorry for the long post, but do you guys have any input? or pictures of your rigs with similar set ups would be great... a pic of a tj lifted 2"/long arms/33's would be great



:2thumbsup:



thanks

Dan




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor