Has anyone played around with the front axel of their YJ?

vendredi 26 septembre 2014

I'm new to doing work to the extent of bearings and axels. I took the wheels off for entire brake line system replacement and noticed that my front driver's bearing seemed loose. OK, so that would tell one that the bearing needs to be replaced correct? I did my research, bought the part, seems pretty easy and straight fwd. BUT, if the axel shaft also wobbles, does that mean that there is something internal that has gone bad, or does that happen when a bearing goes bad?



I'm trying to get an idea on what I'm getting into if it turns to be something with the axel, since I have ZERO experience with this. I know the 4x4 doesn't work also currently. The shaft spins when engaged but the wheels don't. I've found some info on that issue but haven't been able to find much on what to do with the axel. Could this be linked to the 4x4 issue?



I would really appreciate any pointers if someone could help a newbie out!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor