Common Power or Ground to the Hatch

dimanche 21 septembre 2014

Yesterday I decided to dig into my intermittent rear wiper issue. Early on, I discovered that the motor would work if you open the hatch a bit. This told me it was either a worn motor that didn't have enough torque turn the wiper arm with the hatch closed or there was a broken wire between the hatch and the body.



I pulled the hatch panel and the upper trim panel and started trying the wiggle test. In wiggling the wires, I must have broken the wire because the motor doesn't work with the door anywhere.



I also noticed the high mount stop light and the license plate light didn't work. I've checked the stub harness for both and the harnesses/plugs/bulbs are good. I've also checked for continuity between the 3 wires that come from the at the bulkhead plug and the wiper motor. All 3 are good.



What makes me think it's a common ground is that the wiper plug has a 4th wire that doesn't come from the body. I've tried grounding this wire to the body and have not had any luck. I'm not sure if I didn't have a good grounding spot or not.



I can't find the wiring diagram in my FSM and don't want to blindly try to start splicing wires. I also found the bulkhead connector with about 2 feet of wire on both sides. So I can replace the whole thing if I have too. But I don't want to replace the whole thing for one bad wire.



I can't find anything where this is a common issue or anything.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor