Steering wheel lock-temp solution?

jeudi 25 septembre 2014

I recently got a 2001 XJ, and pursuant to Maryland laws, I'm trying to get it to pass safety inspection so I can actually drive it. (By the way, did you know that a peeling/loose steering wheel COVER is a failure? So is the gear shift indicator LCD panel.)



Anyway, the last issue I have yet to solve is that the steering wheel binds (worse at full lock, but still pretty tight at all radii). There is a 3" pro-comp lift with p265 70r16's on it. I already decreased the lock position with a washer on each side to stop the rubbing. I plan to replace a bunch of the front end eventually, but if possible I'd like to get it to pass so that I can do that on my own time.



Is there any temporary quick-fix that can help? I only need it to work for a day before I park it in my garage and start wrenching. I think the 'official' test is to take the car to a full turn, let go of the wheel, and it should return to center.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor