Suprising Characteristic of the JKUR

vendredi 26 septembre 2014

I've owned the Jeep now for only three months and I have to say that this thing is excellent driving around downtown Austin. Its like the perfect urban vehicle. I see people driving in smart cars, Priuses and pickups and I have to say that the Jeep is more at home in the downtown setting than most of the other cars I see.



1) Potholes and curbs and un even surfaces in a busy downtown? no problem in a Wrangler Unlimited. Bumps that would make BMW head to an alignment shop are no problem



2) Parking is easy. The Jeep has the same foot print as a mid size car like a Nissan Altima, but it turns like a goat and maneuvers in tight spaces easily



3) Protected. The stock bumpers can be impacted by the occasional parking lot kiss from another car and it doesn't really mater. The plastic fenders and factory Rubicon rock slider seem to intercept other car doors before impact on the body. The other choice would have been the Grand Cherokee Summit with the Eco-diesel, but I'm pretty sure it would have already had a few dings in it.



4) Room to get out. Because the doors are stubby on the Jeep, if you have to fit into a tight parking spot in a garage or parking lot, the doors can easily open enough to get out. My mazdaspeed3 needed more space between it and the next car over or you were stuck inside your car.



5) Vision. In the new JKUR I sit high up like I do in my pickup, but the Jeep is far more maneuverable than my big diesel. It also has a more commanding view than the crossovers I've driven because of their sloped windshields. I think I am less likely to get into a wreck as I am more likely to see what is going to happen earlier than other vehicles.



6) Security Doesn't suck with the hardtop. I can park my Jeep and not worry that it will get broken into any more than a regular car.



7) Tailgate doesn't suck on the hard top. The Jeeps I owned before all had soft tops and accessing the tail gate was a Pain in the but. On the CJ you had to swing the tire carrier out, then unfasten then drop the tailgate. On the TJ you had to hold the tail gate open on an incline and it was a bit shorter than the JK. The JK on the other hand is really convenient to put five or six bags of groceries in without opening the top hatch. It also sticks in position if you have more than one or two bags to load. I have to say that I like it more than the hatch style single door.



--Just some observations from a new owner. If you are considering a Jeep and live in an urban environment I think its a pretty good fit. I don't think I would want to commute long distances in it over fast highways everyday, but for stop and go traffic in an urban setting its not a bad vehicle. For the nice weather we had today I popped the freedom panels off and cranked the stereo. Traffic didn't seem so bad.









4)




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor