What would you do? head gasket...

dimanche 28 septembre 2014

So I'm 99.9% sure my head gasket is blown, overheating and bubbles coming out of the cooling system are pretty good symptoms.



So I am thinking of tackling the job myself. but since I've never done a head gasket replacement I have some questiopns:



1) is there a brand of head gasket kit to get/avoid?

2) when I get the head off should I automatically get it machined? or is there a way to determine if it needs the work?

3) would it be better to buy a new head that is known to be good?

4) what else should I do while I have it apart?

5) any other options? I tried one of those additives and it didn't do anything.



I'm not planning on starting this tomorrow, but I want to see what all I need to do, and save up to have all the money ready to do it right the first time.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor