High Mileage Oil Question

mardi 23 septembre 2014

Recently bought a '95 Cherokee 4.0L with 193,000 miles in good shape (no leaks). It was time for an oil change and not knowing the previous owners oil fill routine I mixed up a "Frankenbrew" for the next oil fill : 4 qrts. of Rotella Triple T conventional 15W40 , 1 qrt. of Peak synthetic dexos 1 approved 5W30 and 1 qrt. of Marvel Mystery Oil (for additional cleaning) . Safe to say this blend was a high detergent oil fill which perhaps did too good of a job of cleaning as now after one week of driving on the new oil - I have front and rear seal leaks (where as before I had zero) . Note to self : "Should have left well enough alone and simply re-filled with Pennzoil 10W30 yellow bottle conventional oil" ... So my question now is if I switch out this oil fill early - should I refill with Pennzoil 10W30 yellow bottle OR refill with Pennzoil 10W30 High Mileage oil ? My goal is to nip this new leaking in the bud and over time reverse my mistake ... Thanks in advance for your replies .




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor