Asking for help pricing my '93 Cherokee XJ for sale

mercredi 24 septembre 2014

To be clear, I am NOT attempting to use forum thread as a back-door way to sell my Jeep. I just really need some guidance in correctly pricing my Jeep before posting it for sale in my local Atlanta Craigslist.



Hello to everyone. Long time lurker but first time poster. Thanks to everyone who actively participates in these forums- you all have helped me keep two Jeeps going... a '93 Cherokee and an '08 Patriot.



Okay, so it's time to sell my Cherokee but I'm very unsure of what ask price I should start with, or after some negotiations what price range to accept that is fair to both the buyer and myself. I should note that I am a female, so I also expect some potential buyers to try to take advantage of that during negotiations. Below is a link to a personal website I set up that has a lot of information about the Jeep and some pictures. I am still working on the site- I know I need to add more pictures, but if you think I'm lacking in other information let me know.



http://ift.tt/1uZVOQs



KBB and NADA doesn't have information for th '93 model year. All I have to go on for pricing is what my USAA auto insurance inspector/adjuster told me a couple weeks ago. For context (and explained in detail at the web page above) the Jeep was briefly stolen as a decoy vehicle in order to go steal another vehicle two streets over from my home. The window and steering column were busted. Since I have comprehensive on the Jeep, insurance sent a guy out to look over the vehicle to determine whether the total cost of repairs ($945) would meet or exceed 70% of the Jeep's value. If 70% or over, they would have totaled the Jeep. However, he determined the $945 repair costs to be under 70% so the Jeep was repaired.



He was not allowed to tell me the exact number of what the determined value of my Jeep was, but he did tell me it was somewhere in the range of $1,500 to $2,000 based on his inspection, age/condition/mileage and their database/information sources. So it seems the Jeep is worth no less than $1,350.00 (945 is 69.99% of 1,350) but probably more since he gave a $1,500.00 to $2,000.00 valuation range. However, I feel like asking $1500-$2000 for a 21 year old vehicle with 255k miles is too high. But then again he saw the Jeep in the same condition a potential buyer would see it now, minus of course the then-broken (but now repaired) window and steering column.



I really don't know where to be on the price and hope some of you could help me. I will be selling in Atlanta, Georgia, but will also be posting a Craigslist ads in other Georgia areas like Athens, Augusta, Columbus, and Macon.



http://ift.tt/1uZVOQs



Thank you in advance!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor