42rle transmission fluid level 2005 wrangler

dimanche 21 septembre 2014

Just replaced solenoid pack on valve body due to transmission shift clunk and shift solenoid code. When filling transmission I have put 6.5 qt's in so far. At cold I have the level at middle of the hot marks. If I fill to the cold marks transmission won't shift properly. When I check hot idling in neutral I have no fluid on the stick. Should I keep filling until I get fluid on the stick at hot up to the hot marks? This puts me above the hot marks at cold. I ran the jeep previously filled cold above the hot marks. I found out the hard way a couple years ago when taking fluid out to the middle of cold marks and it wouldn't go in gear. Don't understand why the cold marks are off. Could this be due to the motor mount lift of 1 inch affecting the transmission angle and fluid measurement? Stick seems correct when I had the pan off it just touches the indentation in the pan fully inserted.

I can not find the fluid capacity of trans in my manuals anyone know?

It seems to be shifting pretty well now up to 50 mph. I haven't got on freeway yet to check overdrive and I did not do a quick learn on TCM. I disconnected battery during repair and hoping it relearns shift points and pressures. Just want to have the fluid levels exact during that process. Any advice would be appreciated, plan to keep adding fluid at hot in neutral till I get fluid.

Thanks




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor