Fuel gauge works! aka Billy Bob was here

samedi 8 août 2015

This was really just a happy accident as a result of putting in my ground buss bar, but probably not exactly how you think. I ran my dedicated ground wire from the sender up to the ground buss on the firewall. I connected the battery - to the buss, but wasn't even attempting to complete the project tonight, so I didn't worry about ALL the grounds.... but then I saw what appeared to be a ground wire screwed into the firewall right next to my ground buss. I traced it. It went nowhere. Hmmm.

So I replaced that wire & attached it to the buss, and then wondered if that wasn't the source of some of my problems, having just learned that the gauges ground through the dash. My fuel tank is not ready to go in yet, but I quickly wired up the new sender at the back of the Jeep and turned it ON. Just like that, the gauge started reading. Unbelievable. Nothing works that easily for me.

I'm sure there's a really good reason why the PO would have cut that wire, right? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Regardless, I suddenly have a TON of confidence in my ability to solve my electrical problems.

:thumbsup:


Fuel gauge works! aka Billy Bob was here

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor