04 WJ electrical issue...

lundi 17 mars 2014

Hello, friends...



If anybody has a thought about the issue I'm having, I'd love some input.



The Jeep's been working fine, no issues, it's my wife's daily driver (2004 Grand Cherokee Special Edition - I6 - 4x4 - stock, no customizations done).



Yesterday after a crank attempt, the engine didn't fully get going, so I attempted to crank again. I heard what sounded like a quick pop/hiss under the hood near the driver's floor. At that point, I lost ALL power to the vehicle. No lights, door alarms, horn, ignition, etc... It acted like the battery was dead.



Within an hour of trying to isolate the problem, I put the key in the ignition, and it appeared that the power was coming back - flickering interior lights, faint door beeper, gauges in dash jumping erratically.



Still no luck.



Upon further investigation, I discovered that the brake light switch is making a faint, repeating, ticking sound. (Sounds like a faulty relay.) I removed & tested the brake light switch, and it appears to be working fine.



I've checked the battery - OK



I'm puzzled. Has anyone else here experienced this?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor