Code P0500

mardi 18 mars 2014

Ok collective jeep forum knowlege. I need help.



2-3 week ago the CEL lights up and the speedometer stops working.

I get the code, P0500 Malfunctioning Speedometer Circuit or something to that effect.

Symptoms:

Start the jeep and for the first 1-2 miles the speedo works just like it should. After about 2 miles it starts going crazy, swinging from one end of the scale to the other. No pattern, just randomness. After about a minute or two of this it stops working and sits at 0.

The speedo will only start working after the jeep has sat and cooled off.



I have a super short SYE with the tone ring and magnetic sensor. I tested the sensor and it seems to be working.



Has anyone had this type of problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?



I forgot to add, I need this to work because it is time to smog the beast.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor