Lug-Centric Wheel on Hub-centric Jeep

vendredi 21 mars 2014

Ok, so I know this has been discussed a lot already; I've done plenty of searching but still not found an answer to my question.



I recently bought some Black Rock Type 8 (same specs as Cragar Soft 8), and when a shop tried to install them on my Jeep (08 Patriot), somehow my rear rotors were cracked. Now, my guess is over-torquing with the impact they had, but I can't prove it.



The way the wheel was designed is non-hub centric, which many people have ran on hub centric vehicles with and without problems, but it seems more often than not the Soft 8 style seems to work fine. My concern is the with the lug holes, which are in a ring that, on the back side of the wheel, is about 1/4" from touching the rotor because of two raised lips, one from the center cap area, and the other outside the lug ring. If the lug ring doesn't rest on the rotor, is it still possible to correctly torque the lug nuts down without a) bending/warping the wheel and/or b) warping/cracking the rotors?



I appreciate any and all help. The Jeep has been in the shop since Monday, and they're replacing the rear rotors and hub assembly for free this time, but I don't know what'll happen if damage occurs again. :confused:




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor