Rotated D30 (LP I think) - Repair? Replace?

jeudi 20 mars 2014

I have (I think, not sure how to tell without dis-assembly) the low-pinion non-reverse cut D30. I don't wheel particularly hard, and don't plan to go bigger than maybe a 33 ever (no actual plans for bigger than 31's). It looks like the passenger side tube coming out of the pumpkin is rotated from where it should be.



The large c-shaped mount on the end of the tube for the wheel assembly to articulate on is NOT perpendicular to the ground and the axle is leaking diff fluid (albeit slowly) from between the pumpkin and the axle tube. I also notice that the passenger wheel is NOT vertical at full lock.



Sorry for the poor descriptions, I don't have a good vocabulary for this even if I could point and tell you what things do.



The question is, can a rotated tube be repaired? repaired and welded? Should I try to find an HP reverse-cut D30 donor, or go with a 44? In either case what donor vehicles should I look for? (I don't have abs). I know a 44 can be built to be as strong or stonger than a HPD30 at all points, but I've also heard it's heavier with worse pinion angles and since this is my DD and I'm no rock crawler, I'm more concerned with highway manners than brute strength since even a stock HP30 would be an upgrade for me (I think).



Sorry I'm fairly new to axles and I'm getting overwhelmed by a lot of words I don't quite understand reading other threads.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor