What is the best way to tow my CJ 800 miles?

samedi 17 mai 2014

I have relocated to Charlotte NC for a new job and am about to transition my family here. My wife will drive her TJ and I will need the equivalent of a long wheel base pickup truck to carry what little we are bringing and our dogs. I'll need to pull my CJ behind this truck (assuming I can find one to rent from a company that will allow me to tow with a rental).



My towing options as I understand it are an auto transport trailer, car dolly or tow bar. Budget is a concern and with that in mind the trailer option is the most costly but probably the best all around for the CJ. The car dolly is cheap enough but a tow bar would be the cheapest and would not require me to return it and I could reuse it. What are the pro's and con's of pulling with tow bar vs a car dolly? What preparation would I need to do to get my CJ ready for either? Does the drive shaft need to be disconnected or does it matter? Any advice is greatly appreciated.



Also if anyone knows a place that has good rates on a one way rental for a 3/4 pickup that will allow towing that would be helpful as well...




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor