Front Rail bent

jeudi 5 février 2015

I got into a small accident about a year ago.



I was driving on the 57 freeway in Southern California Orange County morning traffic and this car was swerving feet ahead of me between the lane I was in and the lane left of me honking.



All traffic decided to stop in front of me while my attention was on this rage roading idiot and I screeched right into another Jeep. I may have needed a couple more inches to be in the clear, but luck was not on my side. My front bumper contacted his hitch receiver and did nearly no damage to him at all.



We worked out damages and the guy was taken care of, not an expensive repair on his end.



Luck is not on my side like I said. At first site, the damage only looked like a cracked license plate and pushed in the plaster bumper behind the license plate area with a small crack. The Beam was twisted a little bit, and bent in where it contacted the hitch receiver.



Those two are not concerning to me as I wanted to get a new bumper for the Wrangler anyway. The problem I have is one of the Front Rail's was pushed in pointing up, instead of a 90 degree angle. All the damage is in the first fold. I am doubting the one I have can be bent back, and I am dreading getting a $1125 Replacement from Mopar. Can anything be done, or should I just suck it up and visit Mopar?



I don't have pictures on me right now, will have to find them once I get home from work.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor