Loud knocking/ticking sound

lundi 16 février 2015

So today i changed out my alternator, my battery and replaced my oil (drained and added new oil). I did everything perfectly fine and when i took it for a test drive around town for 5 mins it was fine. I drove it on the highway and it started making a really loud ticking sound. When I tried to gas it to speed up with the other vehicals my rpms just shot up but my speed wasnt really going anywhere and was making a loud fast knocking noise. My oil light came on and kept flashing every time i hit the brakes (mind you I replaced the oil) and when i came to a stop light it just up and died. When I rolled down the window i smelled burnt gas. Any ideas? I'm just barely learning under the hood. I learned how to change my alternator today. Dont worry i did it just fine. But help!? Oh its a 2006 jeep commander 3.7L. I dont know what the transfer case is. I'm just barely learning about cars in general.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor