Rear Ring and Pinion '98 TSi

jeudi 27 mars 2014

I BELIEVE I've got the Dana 35 with 3.55 gear ratio (will have to call the dealer and verify this with the VIN). The pinion has pretty bad play in it (I can wiggle it by grabbing the drive shaft) and it howls on decel. I've opened the cover and confirmed this by the wear pattern on the ring gear. Had a good amount of metal shavings in the fluid. I put the cover back on and filled it with fresh gear oil. Now just trying to decide what route I need to take to rectify the situation.



Should I change the ring and pinion gears (along with all required bearings and seals)? Or can I get away with changing the bearing kit on the pinion?



AND does the pinion have a crush sleeve or will it need shimmed? I cannot find clear answers on this.



Thanks in advance for any input you guys have!!!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor