Front Sway Bar on TJ with 5.5" lift

dimanche 27 juillet 2014

I bought my TJ about 3 weeks ago and it has a RE 5.5" lift. I noticed when I disconnected the front sway bar to go wheelin two weeks ago that the the front axle sway bar tabs were tweaked and the passenger side had been welded. I thought maybe it had been welded because it broke or something. This made it difficult to remove the quick disconnects because of the weird angle it put on the disco. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the axle mounts had been cut, then a piece added in the middle to lengthen them about 2 or 3 inches. Whoever did this didn't see fit to gusset them and now I'm going to do it after I heat it up and straighten it.



My question is, when installing a 5.5" RE lift is this normal practice to lengthen the axle sway bar mount? Or are there some other options that might have been smarter? or was this necessary in the first place?



Pictures upon request.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor