Programming and shifting questions

mardi 22 juillet 2014

Ok, so I'm not educated in these things.... I have a 2006 Rubicon. It seems to be a dog when on the highway between 65-75. Yes i know its a Jeep and made to do Jeep stuff but I do road it to places and drive it to work every once in a while.... However, it acts like it doesn't want to shift in high gear. i have tried a whole bunch of stuff. Can i get a programmer to change shift points, tire sizes, gears and such? I hear that programmers and chips are a waste but can you use it to change shift points, tire sizes and gear ratios? It has stock tires but it just acts funny. It doesn't want to down shift at those speeds. i have to let off for a second to let OD kick in. I'm sure there could be something else that is the problem but i am at a loss.... any ideas?



As for power and mpg gains, if the programer would help, cool. i do understand that most of them don't work. That being said, what about things like switching to electric fans and removing my ac pump? are those good ideas? I want to put a v8 in but I just put a brand-new head on it so I need to get my money out of it before taking on a huge task like that.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor