XJ 4x4 quit working and just grinds

jeudi 17 juillet 2014

Hello everyone!



This is my first post so first of all I would like to say thank you to all the members of this and other Jeep forums; they have been SOOOOO much help since I bought my Jeep! Thanks to all of you, I fixed my window lock, NSS, CPS, and learned how to change the fluid in the differentials and replace my headliner.



Anyway, today things got serious with my XJ. I had driven 60 miles to some trails that I'd heard about, and everything was fine, but then I decided to go into 4H because I had come to some soft sand. I was driving slow (~15mph) for about 300 feet and then a horrific grinding noise started and the Jeep wouldn't move. Fortunately it went back into 2wd no problem and it drives normally that way. If I try to shift it into 4H, it just starts grinding immediately now.



It sounds like the grinding noise is coming from the t case, which has always acted a little funny ever since I bought the Jeep almost 2 years ago. Sometimes it wouldn't let me shift into 4H when driving even though it should, it just doesn't always act the way the manual says it should.



Obviously I intend to take it to a mechanic ASAP, but won't be able to until Monday. In the meantime I figured I could see if anyone had some opinions or things to check/try. I do my own maintenance (fluids, brakes, bearings, tune-ups, etc) but if the t case needs to be torn into or replaced I would have a mechanic do it.



Thanks in advance!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor