Loose fan/vibration issue?

mercredi 23 juillet 2014

So I have a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 L

It's quickly closing in on 250 K miles.



Today when driving to work, I hear a click noise & when I slowed down the dash/steering wheel starts vibrating.

The A/C was on, cause it's hot down here in Austin.

So I took it to Firestone since it's close to work.

They said something might be blocking the fan inside.

However I turn off the A/C and the noise immediately stops.

They were rather busy, so they couldn't look at it today.



I went to work, and during lunch opened the hood.

Noticed that the fan right in front of the drive belt area was vibrating a lot only when the A/C is running.

When I turn A/C off it stops running/vibrating.



So I press on the top of the fan area & that stops the vibration until I let go.



Any suggestions/quick fix?

Tried to duck tape it to the front of the hood area, but that didn't stop the vibration.



Also any quick fixes/suggestions for these issues?



My passenger side auto window quit working and I tried to fix the issue by just duck taping inside the door panel so the window won't go down.

It keeps sinking no matter how much tape I put on the window.



When I did that I somehow made it so the lock on that side won't lock.

Also the manual lock on that side is stuck on the lock position, yet the door isn't locked.

I have it kept shut with a bunch of bungee cords & a ratchet tie down.



Also the back drivers side door lock sometimes locks, and sometimes doesn't.

If I lock it manually it stays locked most of the time, but on occasion when I use the unlock thing, it unlocks & doesn't re lock.



Don't have a ton of $, and don't want to borrow anymore $ from my parents to fix it.

I currently owe them about $2000 from the last repairs I had to do to the car.



Can't afford any car payments, bad credit, etc.

So I need to keep the car for as long as possible.



One final note:

Got an oil change recently, and they said these things needed "fixed".



Leaking oil (been doing that since I owned it, this was my dad's work car for about 3 years)

Dry rot/cracking on belt (I swear they replaced it less than a year ago)

Water pump leaking (I haven't noticed any water besides the normal run off with A/C)

Rear differential leaking (last repairs were on the transmission, I can't believe that a repair of over $1500 would "forget" this?)

So the estimate was another $1500...




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor