How to replace control arm bracket?

mercredi 23 juillet 2014

Please help me with some information. Driving in the woods I hit a tree stump hidden in the grass, now i have bent steering rod, dislocated control arm braket on passenger side and possible bent trackbar. While replacing the steering parts is prety much standard, control arm bracket not so much. As I understand from the threads on this forum best solution would be to buy new brackets and wheld them on. Problem is I am not a whelder, i will have to take it to the shop, but there are no specialized 4x4 shops here, those that come close, work with standrd parts mostly. Usually I end up expaning to them what needs to be done and how.

I am thinking of going with crown brackets http://ift.tt/1sPG5nn

I need advice on whelding the brakets. Are there any underwater stones in this?

how precise do they need to be alligned? How they need to be aligned?

Should they be whelded when the axle is off the car or can it be done while it is still attached?

Should the oil be drained from the axle before whelding?

Since they are rather thick I assume to wheld them properly there will be alot of heat, any chance of damadging the axle it self?

Any other tips and advices are welcome.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor