Jeep noob needs help with lift

vendredi 18 juillet 2014

Okay so this is my first post and I'm new not just to the forums here but to jeeps. I got my first jeep (a 2010 WK Laredo, RWD) about a year ago and it is just now financially feasible to start modding it but I have a lot of questions.



1) I am thinking about a rough country 2" BB. Is this a good way to go? Is it a quality part that won't be likely to cause issues down the road? I don't really offroad much and use it almost totally as a DD. The lift is mainly aesthetic.



2) I am looking at the Bilstein 5500's as an upgrade to my current shocks. Maybe this is a stupid question but I've noticed that the lengths they list for the same part (5500 series) say they are good for a 2" lift in front and a 1.5" lift in back. Is this simply to level the vehicles stance or am I missing something?



3) will this combo of lift + the bilsteins require wheel spacers and what tire/rim size would you recommend to avoid any rubbing/vibrating issues? I am perfectly fine with keeping my stock rims but would like to add some *SLIGHTLY* larger than stock tires. I would like to avoid adding spacers as I have seen mention that they can cause problems and are mainly intended for trail vehicles and not those commonly moving at highway speeds but will of course add them if necessary.



4) what the hell is the pinch weld mod? I've seen references to this but don't know what it is. Is it necessary for what I want?



5) will this adversely affect my ride quality/handling? If so how bad?



6) I am generally pretty handy and can usually figure out how to make modifications/repairs to purely mechanical systems with minimal issues. My main problem is a gap in my knowledge base because I only got into gear head kind of stuff a few years ago and just recently got into jeeps. Having said that I've never worked on a suspension system at all before. Is this something that a relative novice can figure out how to DIY or am I in over my head? I've pulled an engine and transmission before to convert a '66 Nova from a 3 on the tree to a 4 speed floor shift. Would this be more or less difficult than that?



7) Is there anything else I am missing (parts, processes, etc) that is necessary to this mod?



ANY help is greatly appreciated. Sorry if I sound like a total ******* but I'm new to this. Be gentle!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor