Making the best of two XJs

samedi 19 juillet 2014

So, I'm in a bit of a pickle right now. I have recently bought two XJs that each have their own set of problems and I'm going to make one good one. Thing is, I'm trying to work on a super tight budget of less than a grand.. and I've got $400 left after buying them both. Gotta keep things interesting, ya know?



First is the blue '89 that I got with a rod knock but otherwise alright. Power everything but the windows don't work, 4L, auto, 3.55s and a 242. Now in need of an engine swap.



Second is what I call a Jruck, an awfully ugly white 91ish that got turned into a truck. Hideous. However it runs, has a six in it and an AX15 hooked to a 231. 3.07s but a 44 in the back.



What I'm pondering is should I stick with the auto or deal with the swap, and whatever I do put in for a trans should I go with the part time with 2wd or the AWD option?



I love having a stick shift and I know that would keep my wife from ever wanting to drive it, so I'm really leaning that way. Have all the needed parts for that. With the transfer case, I know the drawbacks of a 242 on a stick - don't care, I live on an island in Alaska and think the benefit of full time 4wd would be nice.



Guess my biggest question is, would it be worth the hassel of swapping it all over be worth it? In the end, what parts could bring more money if left off? Is my happiness with the truck going to cost me in the end when I could get more for one trans over another? How about that 44? Don't want to regear but don't want 3.07s, I think.



Just wanted the opinion of all you XJ guys before digging too deep. Any input is appreciated.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor