Engine Swap Radiator Clearance

vendredi 25 juillet 2014

Im working on a 98 TJ 2.5 swap that I purchased as an abandoned project. Engine/trans is a 4.8/4l60E using truck accessories. The previous owner purchased an entire package of swap parts from Novak. Currently, I have the drivetrain in trying to finish the mechanical connections. The previous owner had the motor mounts welded in. I have verified that they were installed per the Novak instructions. Motor plates are bolted in the middle slot, so I can gain 3/8" moving to the rear most mounting position. Problem is I cannot get the Novak rad/efan to clear the water pump shaft. Moving to the rear most engine mounting position should give me enough clearance to bolt it up, but it will be too close to use in actual operation, it will definitely crash together with minimal body flex.



I've done a ton of searching and haven't found anything. Seems most people have over 1/2" of clearance here. Obviously the most logical explanation would be the motor mounts welded in too far forward, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I've sent pictures and dimensions to Novak and they are trying to see if anything jumps out.



Wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience or input.



TIA,



AW




Attached Images





File Type: jpg Rad clash.JPG (139.7 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor