Not getting fuel, I think

vendredi 25 juillet 2014

First off, After roughly 5 weeks of owning my first Jeep, I can relate to most of the " You know you drive a ZJ when". I would like to add ,When you know how to hook up your ZJ to the tow truck faster than the response teams sent out" .On to my issue...



I just re-replaced my fuel pressure regulator in my 93 5.2 and it was running like a champ again. I drove it around as normal for work yesterday and at my last stop I went to start it and it ran but when you hit the throttle it would bog down terribly.Even at an idle it was very rough.

During earlier diagnostics on different issues , I am 98% sure i could hear my fuel pump kick on. I however do not hear it kick on now. I can pour fuel in the carb ( when its 114 out , fuel instant boils in carb , quite scary ) and once it works it way down the rails it comes to life momentarily. This tells me it must not be getting fuel to the rails, am i wrong?



I have checked the 30 amp fuse under the hood and its good. It could be the relay but what are the odds it went out?

I have no problem replacing my fuel pump but it sits at a cost of 180.00 smackers. so my question is this...



If I drop my tank and find I have voltage at the pump ,Does this definitively point to my fuel pump?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor