'14 Cherokee Trailhawk... or... YJ/TJ Wrangler...???

jeudi 17 juillet 2014

Hoping I can lean on all of you for some advice...



Simply put, the off-roading bug has bit, and it needs scratching...



My two options are:



1) I trade my wife's hybrid sedan in for a new Trailhawk. The TH's 4cyl has decent gas mileage, fairly decent off-roading capabilities, comfort, new tech, etc. I understand the shortfalls re: wheelin', but it would need to be wife's daily driver. I would steal it whenever I wanted to drive it (at most, 1x month for an actual full day in the mountains... with the occasional drive around town)



Cost impact: I pay the extra gas per month, and any extra in payment (would be a lease). Net increase: ~$100-$220/month.



2) We keep our current daily drivers, and I buy a YJ or TJ Wrangler. Budget would be $5,000 - $7,000'ish. This seems feasible, as I've seen a number of them posted on here, as well as cars.com/autotrader.





My biggest concern is off-road capability and reliability with the YJ/TJ. I am not a complete imbecile when it comes to off-roading. I've seen a lot worse out there, and I'm not one to think you just point a vehicle on any trail and go. Having said that, I am a true beginner and all of the new-age tech really sounds nice and helpful -- electronic locking diff, different off-road terrain modes, hill decent control, etc, etc.



And reliability... I read the 4.0s are bullet-proof for the most part. How about the tranny and the rest of the truck?





Thanks very much in advance for your thoughts!!



-Drew




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor