Hi! Newbie with newbie questions

mardi 29 juillet 2014

Hi,



I've admired Wranglers since I was a kid and saw the YJs in Jurassic Park. My Mrs and I have agreed that we need a car to carry the dog around and for her to use as winter transport - I immediately suggested a TJ Wrangler and am now on the hunt for a nice 4.0. The bonus is that I can use it for some 4x4 club events and greenlanes.



First question - is there a buyer's guide anywhere? I've had 4x4s before (Land Rovers), but don't know anything specific about Wranglers. Where should I check for rust? Any watch outs for the engine or drive train? The examples I'm looking at have about 140k miles on the clocks - is this likely to be a problem?



Next question, I've found this picture of a TJ and I absolutely love the way it looks. Could anyone guess what wheel/tyre combination it is? I thought it was 31/1050 on 15 inch modulars, but the tyres look like they stick out of the arches a lot more than other TJs I can find with that combination. Any ideas? Not saying I want to go as extreme as that, but I am interested.




Attached Images





File Type: jpg Jeep Stance.jpg (300.0 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor