Headache - Do I really need 3.75 gears? Which new Jeep would you choose?

mardi 16 septembre 2014

Was supposed to go pick up my new loaded JKU Sport tomorrow morning, with a tow package, that the dealer and Jeep website both said could tow 3500 pounds.



Thanks to reading this forum, I called the dealer today and he confirmed that it had the 3.21 gears, so 2000lb tow limit.



Pretty much a deal breaker as my current boat is right around 2000lbs and I will prob buy a bigger one down the road.



I called around all day and a dealer found me one jeep in the exact color (wife fell in love with Anvil) we wanted and 3.75 gears that is 1000 miles away (we live in smaller city near nothing) . He agreed to get it shipped to me.



However it has far fewer options then the first one and its the same price.



Here is the build on the two jeeps.



Jeep 1 - (3.21 Gears)



Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic (W5A580)

Radio: Uconnect 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD

Black Jeep Freedom Top Hardtop

Air Conditioning

Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle

Black Appearance Group

Power Convenience Group

SIRIUSXM Satellite Radio

Trailer Tow Group

6 Infinity Speakers w/Subwoofer

Connectivity Group

Black

Quick Order Package 24S

Anvil Clear Coat

Monotone Paint Application

Cloth Seats w/Adjustable Head Restraints



Jeep 2



Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic (W5A580)

Black Jeep Freedom Top Hardtop

Air Conditioning

3.73 rear axle ratio

Power Convenience Group

Quick Order Package 24S

Anvil Clear Coat

Monotone Paint Application

Cloth Seats w/Adjustable Head Restraints

Got the dealer to throw in and install Mopar stock side steps and a Hitch and connecter on option 2







I really need to tow a boat, and I tow ALOT, but basically I'm giving up a bunch of options for 3.73 gears, which is a only $95 dollar option.



Thoughts? Should I just get the first jeep and tow with the 3.21s for a while or do it right and give up some creature comforts for the 3.73's?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor