Steering issue on 2005 Grand Cherokee

mardi 16 septembre 2014

Thought I would try to get an opinion from the experts:



There is something affecting the steering on my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 (120,000 miles). The steering wheel seems to turn much more easily than before, with very little effort required. It kind of makes the wheels feel this way as well, like there is little security in that I never know how far I'll have to turn to get to where I need to be. I notice this specifically when pulling into a parking space and when I get out and look at the lines on the ground, I don't quite end up where I thought I was going to. There is no play in the steering wheel; it turns the wheels right away when moved to either side.



I also notice when driving at speed around a corner and going over a bump, the car jumps left or right way more than it should. I feel like I am always making little steering adjustments even though the car doesn't necessarily pull to either side specifically. I got new tires about a month ago and the problem still exists. At no point do I feel any shaking or bumping through the steering wheel due to this issue.



The only noise I hear in relation to the steering is one or two clicks down at the wheels when turning all the way to either side slowly.



I have had this issue looked at at both a Jeep dealership (Crowley) and an

independent shop (Leether Automotive in Bristol) and neither could find any issue. At Leether, I had a few of the typical rubber suspension components replaced to fix a creak when going over bumps, which did not affect the steering.



I am concerned it is something that maybe a shop would not see in a typical inspection, perhaps something with the steering column.



Any ideas? Thanks for the help.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor