Gas tank crack

mardi 18 mars 2014

So,



I found a crack in my tank a while ago and have been trying to source a replacement to no avail, so I thought about trying the soldering iron + epoxy technique I've read about and seen on youtube.



I just wanted to know if anybody has done this before and how it held up?



I saw a video where a guy sanded and dimpled the crack and the surrounding area with 400 grit sand paper and a soldering iron and then applied a load of JB Weld Water Weld to the dimples to seal it. Bearing in mind he did this with a motor cross gas tank and not a jeep tank, do you think it would hold up to the pressure if I did it this way?



The tank is pretty much scrap anyway so there's no harm in trying, but I don't want to waste my time if it won't work.



Thanks




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor