how long will it take to remove trans

mercredi 19 mars 2014

Ok, quick run down, NSS was failing, bolt securing it broke coming out, left about 3/8" left to try and manipulate out of the trans, but steel bolt is corroded badly into the aluminum cast = F-me all to hell. Tried a hand torch and vice grips, no budge, going to try some real heat and a socket stud remover at my buddies garage, but I'm not very hopeful, so when, not if that fails, how long does it take to remove an AW4 tranny from a 97 XJ and what pitfalls or headaches can be expected?? I'll be doing this in my driveway...:rolleyes:

I figure exhaust will be a big headache, possibly cross member bolts, tranny lines...what else, I'm just going to drop it to drill and tap out the mounting bolt.

So, if you have had experience removing one of these trans, please add your experience, Thanks!! and Appreciated!!!





edit; will unbolting the trans cross member and lowering it on a Jack give me much more room to work??




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor