Suspension/Tire Suggestions for my CJ

lundi 17 mars 2014

I bought my 85 CJ7 a little over a year ago after several years of searching. I cannot decide what I want to do as far as suspension, wheels, and tires. It's got nearly 30 year old springs and shocks, as well as at least 20+ year old tires.



Before I bought I dreamed about what I would do to one, but this thing is in such good shape, I hate to go crazy and ruin it. I will just have to find another one for that.



I want to put a small lift on it when I go to replace the factory suspension components, and I had pretty much decided I wanted the OME 2.5 YJ spring conversion, but I want to run a 33x12.50 tire, and from what I have read, that is not going to happen. So I am considering the BDS 3.5 YJ spring conversion, but I don't want any drive-ability issues, and I do not want to put a transfer case drop on it. I am also not interested in a body lift.



What would you do? Replace suspension components with factory height? Put the OME lift on it with 32" or smaller tire, or run BDS lift with 33's? I am open to any other suggestions as well.



Thanks for the input!




Attached Images





File Type: jpg photo (15).JPG (141.9 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor