The 401 Build

vendredi 21 mars 2014

So my Speed Pro Forged pistons showed up this week. Block is being machined/blueprinted/balanced and assembled at the machine shop. Heads are done and ready to go.



The combo presently:



73 401 Block .030

Line honed,new cam bearings,bore/honed with plates

Decking will be done as needed

Crank and rods are all polished and spin balanced

Heads are ported/polished off my 1990 Grand Wagoneer 360 (this engine is replacing that) Keep forgetting to look at my casting #'s but not certain it matters

Stock valves but with a comp 3 angle job

Crane springs setup for #90 on seat all level across the tops perfect install heights

Spring pockets were machined to fit the springs at the correct height.

Machined them for guide plates and 3/8 pushrods

Pistons are the Sealed Power coated forgings with moly rings. 27.5 CC dishes. I wanted 10:1 at minimum for efficiency and TQ reasons. My Iron headed inline tuned well on 10:1 with 8.2 DCR and zero detonation issues on 93 even in 110 deg summers with AC loaded up

Stock rods

Stock crank

ARP Hardware

Crane Timing set

Adjustable Roller Rockers

Perfect condition stock timing cover and new Melling oil pump gears and pressure valve.

Plan to do the oiling mod from front to back and a few of the other tips/tricks mentioned on this forum. Stock gears for distributor/cam and have had zero issues with them or odd wear of any kind.

Stock oil pan - although might upgrade to larger pan based on some reading here?

Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap intake-light porting/matching to heads.

Holley 830 CFM Race carb.

Made my own external HEI

Jacobs Wires

I plan to fabricate a true cold air induction

I tune with my LM2-Wideband Dual 02 32chan logger

Stall speed will be whatever I need based on cam choice/final tire/gear sizing. Going with a GM 4L85E in place of the 727 trans. Likely 4.10 gearing and 33x12.50 tires. Wagon weighs in around 4400 lbs.

Headers port matched to heads.

Eventually I will build an intake with injector bosses on each cylinder and run a 1000cfm throttle body with a MegaSquirt 3 closed loop. Unless another ECM proves better by that time.

Possible dual low boost turbocharger setup down the road 6.5-7psi max. Depending on where my compression final # is and if the engine is holding up and performing well. I just want the turbos to replace the low end TQ when needed.

I dont tend to hammer on my engines at full RPM all the time but want a solid 2-6k hard pulling engine that will peak at 6500 if needed.

The heads are setup for .585 lift max right now... so that is where I am with the cam limits unless I should use something in the .600 range in which I can just swap the springs out. I am certainly OK with a roller but want power to come on by 2000-2200 not 3800+.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor