Need quick advice RE disc break repair

vendredi 21 mars 2014

I changed my front disc breaks on my 99 cherokee and upon re-installation, realized that the previous owner has used two different length bolts (both 8 mm x 1.25 coarse thread) that hold the calipers to the hub assembly. My problem is that one bottoms out into the back of the inside brake pad, the other does not...



My question is this-does the bolt need to tighten into the pad? If so how tight. If not, the bolts dont tighten down-they would wiggle loose... Do they need to be shorter bolts so they bottom out and tighten?



This is complicated by the fact that the hubs are rusty and the threads are stripped. Im running to the parts store now to get a helicoil... Another easy project turned complicated lol!



This is my only vehicle and i need to get it on the road again fast! Thanks in advance!



Matt




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor