this dent is TRULY starting to irk me but what can i do???

vendredi 21 mars 2014

ok guys this is my first thread on here and im not finding the option that I was looking for so im appealing to the community for help. and btw, still trying to dwnld the pics of it so I will square that away later.



when I bought the car I saw the dent and said its awright, I can live with it, but with my having done so much research on what I want/can do to my WJ im ready to get things crackin this summer.



im not going to go nuts just clean it up and do minor things to it, mainly audio/video stuff, repaint the trim and car with plasti-dip (ive heard the yay's and nay's about it and im gonna do it anyway)



BUT, before I can do any of that ive gotta get this dent fixed someway somehow. the dent, imo, is really bad; its between the panel door for the gas tank and the tail light.



1. REPLACE IT!!!-the first thing I thought about was to just replace the quarter panel but after looking at that panel its extends from the back of the jeep to the top and extends to the from. I decided to scrap that idea but then again, is that something that can be done? can I DIY something like that?



2. GET IT FIXED - im thinking this is my only option and I don't mind that since it would make sense to just add on all those lil dings and smaller dents and just get it pretty for paint all at once BUT how much does something like that cost? (yes, yes I know you need pics but im trying to figure out how to downld pics on this site)



honestly I had to by this car in an emergency and just jumped on the first cheapest thing I could find



I did my ""internet certified laymans inspection" and the jeep seemed really nice and well maintained mechanically wise, and the interior left much to be desired so I decided that getting it "pretty" was gonna be the only task I would take on



doing the interior stuff is cool enough for me, sorry im not into "wheeling" or "mudding" or anything like that, no lift kits or anything. im a city boy at heart and most of us just want cleanliness and dependability (I don't like nor do I do gaudy)



I live in the PLAINFIELD, NJ area so if anyone has any advice on what I should/could do; know a good body shop, then please hit me back on here. to be honest I cant/don't know how to weld and don't have access to those tools so if I did anything DIY it would have to be as basic as it gets (maybe take the inner panel off and get to banging?)



I made a video for my parents so they could see it, so I may just add the link to the youtube vid



EDIT - heres the link to the vid: http://ift.tt/1h0QiTp at around 00:42 you'll be able to see the dent im talking about, theres another one on the back "door" but its minor and I figured it could come out with a lil coaxing (well from what ive seen on youtube anyway)




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor