Transmission Issue

mardi 18 mars 2014

2014 Cherokee with 3.2.



Has anyone noticed that when the 9-speed transmission attempts to automatically upshift from 7th to 8th gear, there is a delay and the car appears dead for about 3-4 seconds? This happens at ~66mph. I have flipped the car into manual mode and find the car in 8th gear, which is why I think it is shifting from 7th to 8th.



Note: one week after getting the Jeep, the car died on the highway when the car effectively shut itself off. Car lost all power and I limped to the breakdown lane. The display and idiot lights all lit up and I got the "start the car" message. I was able to drive the car, but the transmission was messed up.



The dealer did a patch to the transmission software and I have been okay since (2+ months). They claimed that the patch should have been applied at the factory, but somehow was missed or not done correctly. Since then I have noticed my issue above.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor