Cj5 new meaning of stiff leafs

lundi 9 février 2015

So I rebuilt my 78 cj last 4 years and I've been driving it for a while now. I knew the springs were stiff,but I can't drive it anymore. I was rotating tires the other day, and I was just messing around and seeing how much flex I could get with the jack under the passenger side axle as far as I could slide the jack out,when I jacked it up,the whole front end came up level. I knew I couldn't flex much because when I go wheeling I get stuck as soon as one tire leaves the ground. I've got stuck on a rock about 8 inches tall. But if I can keep 4 tires on the ground I haven't gottin stuck yet. So my question is...what's the easiest way to soften the springs ALOT? I don't haul anything. Remove the shortest leaf? Or two? When I got the jeep it had what would appear to be a 4in air lift lift on it. The front shocks look new. The rear looks somewhat new. I am going to check my shackle bolts this week and make sure they aren't too tight. I can hop on the back bumper and the suspension doesn't move. Just the tires bounce. I've built 4 links with my father, the suspension doesn't seem to complicated, but I can not think of what else to do. Any other ideas? Thanks guys




Attached Images





File Type: jpg image.jpg (179.1 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor