CJ7 what kind of brake is this???

lundi 16 février 2015

Hello guys,



I just got a CJ-7, I have experience with TJ but im totally new to CJ and im totally lost about the brake pump/booster.



When I got the Jeep last Saturday I noticed that the jeep take too long to brake, like if you are hauling something, I thought that maybe is the style of brake system in this models. Yesterday I was checking the brake fluid reservoir and was full, today in the morning I found brake fluid in the driver floor and when press the brake surprise! is not working at all and i can see a leak inside if the driver area.



Well, im guessing that the brake pump/booster is damage and I was making research to buy it and replace it but now is when the confusion comes, everything I found have the reservoir and a round black part that goes directly to the chassis but mine dont have that. I found many retailers that claim "Brake Booster Upgrade". Means that I have kind an old/pump style and this brake booster is better? why?



because im not a mechanic, just an enthusiast and don't know the correct names of the parts plus my English is not the best im leaving the pictures here of what I have and what I found to buy.



If is an upgrade maybe with the upgrade the brake moment is going to be softer? maybe brake fast?



The part i have now looks pretty easy to replace, the booster should be easy too.



Thanks a lot in advance for any help.




Attached Images

















File Type: jpg image1 (1).jpg (95.1 KB)
File Type: jpg image2 (1).jpg (95.7 KB)
File Type: jpg 61-YjPzCJPL._SL1500_.jpg (28.5 KB)
File Type: jpg 41a-MXnm6TL.jpg (19.1 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor