How to use Warn Powerplant to engage Robi lockers (Need Input)

samedi 14 février 2015

Hey JF ,iv done a to of research the last couple months looking for a compressor alternitve for some Rubicon axles i have instilled on my truck. The guy i bought the axles from didn't realize the pumps where needed and destroyed them in the part out. They want around $350 for a set of pumps online. I recently found a steal on a Warn power plant winch for $600 on CL, so i thought i may be able to run my lockers form the onboard air compressor built in. Much of what i read suggested just to buy the factory pumps because the lockers only run at around 5 lbs and if you suddenly get 20 lbs from a bad regulator then your have to replace the seals. But i (Think) i may have found a fairly simple solution and was looking for some input.



I Want to run a 2.5 gallon tank bolted under my truck. Having the extra air will be a nice upgrade form the Warn PP half gallon tank in its self.



http://ift.tt/1D99Tkp



Then have it go back up to the front of my truck where i have a union to my other line that will go to a series of two regulators first a 0-15 psi then too a back up 0-5 psi regulator. At the union i will have some sort of blowoff valve to release pressor from either the lockers , the tank, or both.



I was looking at these regulators



http://www.qualityinstruments-direct...sure-regulator



http://www.qualityinstruments-direct...5-psi-air-only



Let me know if I'm missing something ........ ? This would be a fairly cheap ($160) way to get the lockers running. I was also thinking of ways to put the valves in the cab of the tuck so i don't have to get out to disengage the lockers.maybe wire in some electronic valve? But if i do oh well.



Its also worth noting that my jeep isn't a Rudi so i don't have the wiring harness. so its not as simple as just plugging up the factory pumps and hitting the trail. But maybe i can just power them with a switch in the cab .



Sorry for the long post and thanks for your help




Attached Images





File Type: jpg IMG_2016.jpg (76.6 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor