Intake Backfire, Hesitation, Stalling; Goes Away Randomly

mardi 10 février 2015

:help: I'm suffering issues listed in title. I can drive the truck around the block a million times. Yet, randomly all symptoms appear full force. They go away in the same fashion. The truck has trouble idling on its own (stall). When you drive it, it backfires under accel and/or shows much hesitation.



I'll try to be brief while covering my tracks to aid in resolution. '89 4.0 Pioneer. I had some issues burping the coolant, blew the head gasket, and cracked the head. I salvaged a next gen head.

(I pulled this head, scraped the bottom, gauged the mating surface, replaced the valve seals, reinstalled valves and torqued arms to spec. If I didn't list any steps, I didn't do them. The head is torqued, in order, to spec. The front PCV got replaced with an Edelbrock breather.)



I wired in the new non-matching cooling sensors and modified the old manifold flanges to fit. After jumping many hoops, I got it bled/burped.

I blocked off the EGR and installed a large pod air filter. I also replaced plugs, wires, cap and rotor.



The previous owner left no trace of the vapor system (except for the can itself with broken fittings).

I've verified rail pressure. There are no fluid or vacuum leaks that I can tell. Everything is gone, connected, or capped.

It doesn't seem to be burning any contaminants, though it puffs rich soot when cold. I tried bumping up the idle screw for stalling and it seems to help considerably for a short time (a couple of days/drives), then it starts ****ting out again.



I'm at a dead end with a broken Jeep. :umbrella:

Where should I turn: re-do the head more thoroughly, compression, electrical, vacuum, fuel, ignition, timing?

:thankyou:




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor