NP231 swap or split on the vehicle

jeudi 5 février 2015

Hello, I just picked up a used np231 with a SYE installed and drive shaft to swap into my 97 Sport 4.0 auto, the NP231 also came from a 6cyl but a std TJ. I'm pretty sure the inputs are the same.



I had planned to drop the skid plate remove the drive shafts and swap the whole case but then I thought maybe I can save a lot of time and trouble and just split the case in the vehicle and just exchange the back halves of the cases...



Is this possible or even recommended? I'm trying to save some time and not have to deal with dropping the skid plate.. Are the bolts all easily accessible? Do I need to fiddle with snap rings and interlocking parts that do not want to go back together??



All the write-ups I've seen are total rebuilds or SYE swaps and they all look to be breaking down the Tcase further than I need.. Did I just answer my own question a that it needs to be mostly disassembled to swap???



thoughts?



thanks



bob




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor