Oil filter won't fit

jeudi 5 février 2015

Ok so I just picked up a new to me 02 Inferno Red WJ with a 4.7. It's in decent shape and runs pretty good but I know very little about its history.



So I decided to take it down to the High School and let the kids in the Auto Shop change the oil for me.

I drop it off in the morning and went to pick it up in the afternoon and the Auto Shop Teacher tells me that the Oil filter wouldn't fit.....WTF!!

I checked it with the book and with the parts monkey to be sure before I left the store.

So I get home and start doing some checking, and I did get the wright filter unless someone changed the block to a 08 or newer one. Seems that in 08 they changed the oil filter threads from 3/4 16 to 22mm 1.5



So here's my question......is that even possible? I know they drastically changed the upper end and the internals but what about the block itself?

I'm planning on picking up a filter for a 08 with the 22mm threads and try to see if that fits.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor