Question for Treadwright tire owners. No arguments, just need info

samedi 7 février 2015

What age is the carcass on your Treadwright (as indicated by number on side wall)?


I got my 31" Warden's the other day delivered by FedEx and took them to a shop to get them mounted and balanced yesterday. The guy said he wouldn't do it unless I really insisted because the numbers left by the Dept. of Transportation (it reads 13/10=week/year) indicate the tire is 5+ years old and past its safe "shelf life" (to use his words).



I didn't know you were suppose to static balance them so I am guessing the guy used dynamic balancing which came up saying it was 16 (grams/ounces?) off balance so the tire guy said he would not balance them for fear of vibrations/wobble too.



So I guess that leads me to another question: Will balancing them in the static way result in the off balance being around the 3-4 range like they should be?



Any advice is much appreciated, I love the support you all show for other ZJ owners here. Just bought a new 1997 V8 ZJ and and hoping to learn a lot through owning it and crawling this forum like I do.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor